“Laugh and the world laugh with you, snore and you snore alone” – Anthony Burgess.
Whilst snoring may be a social nuisance, it may indicate an obstuctive sleep apnoea (OSA)
Symptoms of OSA include
- Loud Snoring
- Feeling of fatigue despite adequate sleep
- Falling Asleep in midst of routine activities like reading, watching TV
- Dozing off in meeting or in the theater / cinema
- Sudden awakening from difficulty in breathing or gasping for air
- Deteriorating attention span and failing memory
- Morning Headaches
- Frequent nocturnal trips to the toilet
OSA has been linked to high blood pressure, heart disease, strokes, diabetes, obesity and increased risk of death.
Early diagnosis and treatment can prevent complications from arising.
To get an accurate assessment of the Snoring problems, consult the Singapore ENT Specialist Dr. YT Pang at the Centre for Ear Nose Throat Allergy & Snoring (CENTAS).